Friday, January 2, 2009

It's been a while.....

Andrew has been after me to get on here and update what's going on. I am finally doing it but hoping that someone will help me out and tell me how to get the super cute backgrounds that everyone besides me has! (a step by step email to annaliselange@hotmail.com would be much appreciated!)

Anyways, we got moved to Arizona from Utah in mid-November with little to no trouble. I was surprised, I had anticipated a much more stressful move. Although my family, and poor husband, can testify that I was pretty stressed out anyways. But really, the purchase of the house, the boxing up, the actual 17 hour drive down, it all went pretty well. I am just so very glad that it's over and that we are in the new house! And did I mention that Andrew didn't even get to see the house til the day we signed the closing documents???? This poor man had to trust my judgement when it came to buying our first house! I'm so lucky that he loves it as much as I do and that he trusts me enough to handle it on my own. We are here now and working on making it "home."

I'm still working for US Bank but I drive a little over an hour each way to work everyday. I have to say it's getting a little bit old. I love what I do but being away from home (most importantly my husband and dog) for almost 55 hours a week isn't working out too well. Andrew puts in about 50 hours a week at his job and right now we are on opposite shifts. So we don't see each other except for when he stumbles in at around 1:00 am and right before I leave. We are hoping that this doesn't last too long!

Andrew is loving his new job and is learning a lot. He gets to play with some cool "toys" and is doing something different almost everyday. He is feeling a bit frustrated that he's at the bottom of the food chain but I have no doubt that it won't be long before he's the one hazing the new guys. :) I am really so proud of him! He works so hard and went through so much to get this new job. I can't believe what an incredible man he is. We are lucky to have him.

Baxter, the dog, is adjusting well to Arizona. He loves the sunshine (which shines daily) and has discovered that having a backyard that is all dirt is the best! He wasn't too sure about all the tile floors in the house, but he's learned not to slide into all the furniture. Baxter loves to tease the dogs next door by jumping up on the fence. He and the dog next door have it timed just right so that one will be jumping up while the other is on the ground. So there is always one of the dogs bouncing up over the fence! It's pretty funny, but I guess you'd have to see it for yourself.

Anyways, I'm going to try to upload a few more pictures here. I've been meaning to take a few more of the house but we haven't painted or anything yet so its' pretty boring. Guess I'll snap a few tomorrow and put them up.

Oh yeah, the holidays were great! It was a little weird, a Christmas with no snow but we loved it anyways. I made Christmas dinner and Andrew ate it. Guess you'll have to ask him how it was. He's a good husband and tells me it was good. :)

2 comments:

Katey said...

Your so funny. I'm glad everything went smoothly. I want to see some pics of the house! Totally jealous of the 'no snow'. I want to sun everyday.

Here's how to get the cute blog. go to-http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/ then go to 'backgrounds' and choose one. then go back to your 'layout' page and you need to 'pick new template' choose 'minima'. then go back to 'page elements' and add a htlm element. paste the code for the background you found and save. There you have it. Email if you have any more questions! LOVE YOU!

Karyn said...

Hi ya Spaz! Glad to see you're back on the blog. You should post about that show about Homeland Security so everybody knows about it. You should also post about how you have the most awesome siblings ever and they got you the best Christmas present ever. :) Hee hee hee.