Saturday, May 2, 2009

Spring Flowers





I got adventurous today and decided to try gardening for the first time in my life. My biggest fear is that I will manage to kill these sweet little Gerber Daisies, but the people at the nursery assured me that they are pretty hardy and can survive almost anything. So I have planted 10 Daisie plants in the little flower bed that Andrew built for me and we will see how well I can keep them alive. I fertilized them, watered them, spoke nicely to them and now we will just have to let nature do it's thing. I will keep you updated, but just wanted to share my little bit of a contribution to all our yard work. Oh yeah! One of my favorite brothers, Erik, sent me a hummingbird feeder (Sierra Vista is the hummingbird capital of the world!) for my birthday so I figured it would probably get a little bit more action there by the flowers. Hope we get to see some birds!

3 comments:

Jeff, Wendy, and Austin said...

It will be lovely. Daylilies do well with little care too and they love to get hot. It looks nice already. I can't wait to plant mine...Now all you need is a dead goat head or something. J/k. Love ya guys

Swain Family said...

Wow! I am really impressed! Your yard looks amazing! We still have a lot of dirt! lol! But seriously, it's awesome! And the flowers are nice, I didn't even know you could grow anything out here that isn't prickly! Nice job!

Jessica said...

Pretty!