Tuesday, May 26, 2009

You never know what you're gonna get.

Ok, so it has been a little while since I have posted anything. I apologize, I will work on getting better at that. For quite awhile there they blocked my access to this site at work so that was my excuse at really me just being too lazy to post. But now that I have access again and I am at the moment, bored out of my mind, I figure why not post a little something for the rest of you to enjoy.

So, I have the pleasure and thrill of being able to ride alone now. I have completed FTU (field training unit), and Journeyman (riding with a senior agent.) It was a long, very long process but finally I am working alone and loving it. Being alone is by far more dangerous but in a lot of ways much more enjoyable. Our job has many tasks and different duties to perform. One of these is to respond to various types of sensors that are tripped. Responding to these can result in an apprehension of large groups of illegals, drug loads, or what seems most of the time a variety of animals. We were actually able to mount a camera near a water tank close to one of the sensors and this is what we came up with. It goes to show you there is a lot of life in the desert.









3 comments:

Jill Stones said...

Awesome pictures I just hope you don't have a run in with any of them:) The last picture I suppose you have to though. Sounds like your job is getting more exciting, be careful love ya

Jeff, Wendy, and Austin said...

2Wow! Awesome shots. Wouldn't want to run into the cougar anytime soon. The owl seems harmless enough. What is that other animal that looks like a racoon kinda? Get a dog to help protect ya. Miss you. Call sometime.

Jessica said...

The pictures are cool!