Friday, March 13, 2009

Stolen Goods


I got a text message this morning from my younger sister, Krista, at about 5:30 this morning. Usually when you get a text at that time of day, the news isn't good. Such was the case this morning. But I never expected to see what I saw....


Kris and her husband, Steve, were the victims of a robbery last night. Someone has stolen both of their vehicles! They live in a small condo complex although there always seems to be 10-20 vehicles in the parking lot at any given time, which makes us believe that whoever did this KNEW exactly which cars to take. This makes it all the more upsetting because it must have been someone they know. They called the police and unfortunately there isn't too much that they can do. Both cars were paid off so they were only carrying liability only, which doesn't cover theft. So we can hope that whoever took the cars gets into an accident so the insurance company can pay out. (And hopefully we can catch the bad guys at the same time.)


I guess I just don't understand how some people out there feel it's okay to just take things that don't belong to them. Not only are Krista and Steve out TWO vehicles, they now feel violated, scared, vulnerable and suspicious of everyone around them. I can't imagine how they might be feeling right now but I know that I am mad as HE!!. I really really hope that they find who did this and that the justice system works. It's unbelievable that someone you know could just take something from you, violate you in such a way and not even think twice about it! What has happened to our society????? Who do you think you are, that you can just take something that doesn't belong to you? You think you are exempt from the laws of the land? What makes you so special? EEEWWW it makes me so mad for them.


These are good people. Kris and Steve are two of my favorite people in the world. They have been married less than a year but it feels like Steve has always been a part of our family. I know that they will get through this and all will be well again, I just wish it didnt have to happen. I hate feeling so helpless, I wish I could help.


Anyways, I just had to vent about that for a minute. Thanks for listening! I think I'll let Andrew do the rest of the blogging from now on, he's so good at it! :) I knew he'd enjoy it. It gives him a chance to talk as much as he wants with no interruptions. LOL, just kidding baby.

4 comments:

Katey said...

That sucks so bad. STEALING SUCKS! Hope they find the cars and the bad guy that took it! P.S. I miss you blogging! Blog more

Jill Stones said...

I feel bad for them, I had someone steal a bag out of my car before and it makes you feel....well evil. You feel the evil from the bad guys and you feel anger yourself. I pray for the best for your sis.lv ya Jill

Jeff, Wendy, and Austin said...

That really chaps my hide. This is when I want to become a vigilante and go kick some booty. People who steal are some of the lowest people out there. They live off others ..they are scum. Someday we just have to hope karma gets them WHAM! We will make them pay! hmmm, that felt good .

Rachel C said...

What the crap? I am glad Krista and her hubby got the cars back but also mad that someone had the audacity to do that to them. People really must be desperate in times like these! There have been a number of robberies in our area and now I'm worried being home that someone will try to do something to us. Good thing I can kick some major whoop a@# if I had too.