Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Patience

I have always been aware of a few of the traits I need to work on. Patience would fall into this category. Ever since I can remember I've never been one to wait. For anything. I have told Andrew on several occassions that if he is planning any type of surprise he shouldn't tell me about it because 1) I'll bug him about it til he tells me, or 2) I'll snoop around til I figure it out on my own. Someone should have passed this information on to my doctor and baby. I have been waiting patiently for the last 16 weeks to find out what we are having and now that we are about 36 hours away, I don't know if I can stand it! (I know I am childish and I don't care at the moment. HA!) Now that I know I am far enough along that we'll be able to see all the parts, I am dying to get in there and see what's up. I am so excited to see the baby and make sure that it's healthy and growing and happy in my belly. There's just so much to look forward to! 2 o'clock on Thursday just can't come fast enough!

On another happy note, Andrew has about finished his midnight shift. Let me tell you what a blessing this is! He's been stuck on this zombie shift for the last six months and it's not been our favorite. While we've enjoyed seeing each other at night, he's found it extremely difficult to work all night and then try to sleep during the day. Shocking right? I just don't think humans are meant to sleep while the sun is up. Hence while we call it the zombie shift. He never feels totally rested and he gets maybe 3 or so hours of sunlight a day. He is happily switching to a day shift in about two weeks. We'll be glad if we never had to go to mids again but chances are he'll do it again next year sometime. Other than the crappy work hours, work for Andrew is going well. We've had a few interesting experiences over the last few months that have caused some stress but fortunately all has worked out so far. This has been a great change for him and I know he is much happier here than anywhere he could be. That alone makes all the garbage that goes along with it totally worth it.

The dogs are, well, they're dogs. :) Tobey is still a puppy and he reminds me of that fact almost daily. He has the potty training thing down pat now, but he also likes to go outside only to torment the neighbors dogs. So his adventures outside are a little more restricted than they used to be. Baxter is still recovering from having two healthy teeth extracted. He broke both of them on the cinder block wall (tormenting the same dogs mentioned above) and unfortunately he broke off enough tooth that the vet pulled both teeth. He seems to be adjusting well, just a little more wary of playing too much tug-of-war with Tobey. He's our little couch potato and loves to snuggle. Tobey is crazy and Andrew says he's on "perma-crack." He just goes and goes and goes. They keep us busy and laughing. It's going to be an adventure bringing a little baby into this chaos, that's for sure. These two have tried my patience multiple times, but I have a feeling I haven't seen anything yet!

Well, the next update should be about the baby's gender! As long as this little one cooperates and shows us what God gave him! :)

No comments: