Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Epale vale!

Ok, it has been awhile since I last posted, I apologize. Things have been busy. As you saw in my wife's last post being busy isn't just about work, sometimes you gotta get away too. That was my first trip ever to Lake Powell and I loved it. Looking forward to going again next year too. If anyone that didn't go this year is interested shoot me an email. I will then decide if I feel like you are worthy enough and if I want to see you, then will invite you accordingly. Just kidding.

When I started blogging it was pretty much just to keep the boredom to a minimum while at work on training days. I had told myself that I wouldn't get all preachy or anything about my work and what it is we do, but it is a part of my life, a huge part. I will still try to avoid being preachy but I will start to share a little more about how it is a part of my life. Below I am posting a small part of a statsheet, remember this is only for our Tucson sector, only a part of the big picture of what is going down on the border. The stats are for both last year and what we have done this year so far.

TCA/QuickStat

FY08----FY09

Apprehensions-----252,405-----177,382

OTMs-----6,897-----7,449

Marijuana Qty-----646,467.73lbs-----928,133.35lbs

Marijuana Val-----$517,180,131.35-----$5,641,080,455.79

Assualts-----197-----160

Bandits-----190-----257

Rescues-----310-----261

Deaths-----98-----112

3 comments:

Jeff, Wendy, and Austin said...

What are OTM's? And the deaths? Is that BorderPatrol or the other guys? Glad to know you are still alive. We miss you guys. Hope we are worthy (or at least me) ha ha

Andrew said...

OTM's are Other Than Mexican, meaning, well exactly that. People from Honduras, Guatamala, El Salvador, China....Deaths, that would be illegals dying in the desert or mountains, car crashes etc.

Jill Stones said...

Pretty serious stuff, I think I liked the animals drinking water better:) Hey how is the family coming along? hint hint